Tugwell Roofing would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And also remind everyone that with Christmas and New Years come the cold weather. The cold wet weather can cause many issues for your roof. We would like to give you 5 easy tips to make sure your roof is ready for all the winter weather.
1. Inspect and Repair: Inspect your entire roof for any weak areas, loose shingles or holes in your roof. If you find any areas that need to be repaired call Tugwell Roofing today to get it taken care of.
2. Clean your Gutters and Downspouts: Make sure your gutters are clear of any debris. This debris can cause serious water damage on your home and roof.
3. Check for Pests: Thoroughly go through your entire roof to check for any unwanted pests. These pests could include mice, raccoons, and squirrels. These animals can cause serious damage to your roof in the decide to get into your home.
4. Trim any Over Hanging Trees Branches: If these branches are not cleared they could fall on your roof and puncture small hole causing your roof to leak.
5. Check Your Attic Ventilation: If your attic is not properly ventilated it will cause condensation build up which will weaken your roof.
Prevention is better and less expensive than a cure. Ensure all these steps are done before winter begins, and save yourself the cost and burden of a leaking or rotting roof in the middle of winter. Need a roof evaluation or repair? Give Tugwell Roofing a call! We offer a free roof inspection, and can help get your roof ready for the winter. Call us today at 530-222-9983 in Redding and in Chico call 530-895-9983.